My Sunshine
You are like sunshine on a rainy day
Gladdening my heart in a million ways
I wonder if you are the answer to my prayers
A little adult with multiple layers
Becoming a mother, when I need care
Patiently listening to what I have to share
You are a father, when I need advice
Strict admonition is sometimes nice
A trusted friend, when I’m feeling low
Your mere presence makes me glow
A computer expert, when I struggle with keys
In you my darling, I find my peace
Taking care of the house when I’m not around
I know your logic is pretty sound
A willing guinea pig for all my experiments in cooking
Makes me admire secretly when you are not looking
You are a buddy when I need to go shopping
Thinking.. when it comes to my Mom... there is no stopping
Forever a loving teacher, so full of grace
You lift my spirits with your innocent praise
A role model... with qualities many in number
You are always cool as a cucumber
Always surprising me with your funny theories
From where do you pull out your endless stories?
Sweetie, your strength makes me stronger
Your goodness, better and your wisdom, wiser
You are the reason I want to come home early
Everything about you is so wonderfully girly
As a baby, you kept me busy with your antics
Growing up... your studies make me a little frantic
Your love for books is heartening to see
Your writing skills fill me with glee
Hope you treasure all your virtues, just like a pearl in an oyster
They shall make you stand out even in a cluster
Hope you get everything you want in your life
Spreading cheer whether a daughter or a wife
Cause you deserve only the best life has to offer
Nothing less than a BMW driven by a chauffer
You, my baby, are the centre of my existence
Undoubtedly my life’s real essence
Its surreal to watch you grow and blossom day by day
Promise me, you’ll be HAPPY come what may
Hope as a mother I help u in developing your roots and wings
So
that you stay grounded and yet soar high into the sky, like kites on strings.

No comments:
Post a Comment