Saturday, 1 February 2014

Preamble

Words like waves constantly lash against the shore of the mind, eventually receding into oblivion. One way to capture them, in all their whimsical intensity, I discovered (certainly not the only one), is by molding them into lyrical expressions of 'abab'.
Compelled by the sudden urge to pen down my random thoughts, one fine day, I wrote the first ever poem of my life, on the last page of a worn out diary. In that moment, at midnight, I was born anew, having manifested a part of me, lying dormant until then. Reading my first poem, was like cuddling a new born baby, every verse as beautiful and endearing as a baby's angelic smile. It's like the floodgates had finally opened and I could express my myriad emotions in innumerable ways. And so began my love affair with words, getting emboldened with every poem, every song and every verse that I wrote. Clandestine meetings with hazy ideas, playing hide and seek with rhyming words, deep yearning for the last full stop and endless sleepless nights. Who knew this is what writing entailed? But I fell in love with it, either way, and so no more flirting, it was for keeps. So join me on this adventure as we navigate the twists and turns of the magical journey called life, armed with a pen, a paper and a wild imagination...




No comments:

Post a Comment